My husband used to study in Manchester, so we occasionally go up there to visit with friends and to get away for a little while. While in Manchester recently, we were introduced to the, hands down, coolest American diner I've ever visited. It's called Almost Famous, you can't reserve, and there's a line out the door. If you're from London or any other big city, this won't be a foreign concept to you as it seems that making reservations for anywhere is very much a thing of the past.
Almost Famous is loud, busy, greasy, and pretty much an absolute disaster if you're a vegetarian (they have a single solitary vege burger on the menu...). But if you like meat, chips, bacon, and decent diner food, you will love Almost Famous.
I was most taken with the concept of "baconnaise". I had it on my fries and on my burger. Pretty much I just had it on everything. Yes. Mayonnaise with bacon. This truly exists. Why didn't I think of this? Pictured below is the "bacon bacon" fried. Fries, with baconnaise and "bacon rain". The burger is "Smoky and the Bandit", which unsurprisingly, also has baconnaise.
Even the toilets are awesome...
Almost Famous is loud, busy, greasy, and pretty much an absolute disaster if you're a vegetarian (they have a single solitary vege burger on the menu...). But if you like meat, chips, bacon, and decent diner food, you will love Almost Famous.
I was most taken with the concept of "baconnaise". I had it on my fries and on my burger. Pretty much I just had it on everything. Yes. Mayonnaise with bacon. This truly exists. Why didn't I think of this? Pictured below is the "bacon bacon" fried. Fries, with baconnaise and "bacon rain". The burger is "Smoky and the Bandit", which unsurprisingly, also has baconnaise.
They also have waffle chips, pictured below. These amazing creations are called "pig and waffle" and are waffle shaped potato slathered in mayo (actually not baconnaise), jalapeƱo, pulled pork, and cheese.
Even the toilets are awesome...
And the cocktails and milkshakes are to die for. From butterkissed old fashioned (with salted caramel) to fruity cocktails and boozy milkshakes. I could live here...





No comments:
Post a Comment