This teeny tiny coffee shop has brightened the lives of many local Jersey people over the last year. A year ago, before Dandy opened, there was very little variety for either coffee or lunch during a lunch hour, and certainly nothing remotely interesting.
I began my working life in Auckland, New Zealand. If you've ever been to Auckland (or any major city in Australasia), you will know that coffee culture is massive there. Baristas make coffee akin to works of art. Beans are perfectly roasted and carefully prepared.
Upon returning to the northern hemisphere, I thought this was normal and wasn't aware that I had been spoilt for several years, so I genuinely thought that I had gone off coffee when I drank it for the first time in London... Several years later, in Jersey, I walked into Dandy coffee shop, which had just been opened by a Jersey local who had spent many years in Sydney. The famous Allpress coffee was on the menu, properly roasted, and carefully prepared by the staff who had an Allpress machine and training.
Everything changed. I remembered I did like coffee! Dandy doesn't need any promotion; it is currently the number one restaurant in Jersey on tripadvisor, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon. Dandy is not just a coffee vendor. They have wonderful banana bread, brownies, breakfasts, and sandwiches (including the recent addition to the menu: the lambwich).
My personal favourites are the toasted banana bread (with LOTS of butter), sourdough bread with avocado, dandy toast (homemade peanut butter, banana, toasted almonds, cinnamon, honey) and the new lambwich (lamb shoulder, homemade harissa mayo, roasted red pepper and baby leaf spinach). I wish I had photos but I'm too busy eating to remember to take photos - you'll have to check out their Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/DandyCoffeeShop
Truly one of my favourite places!
I began my working life in Auckland, New Zealand. If you've ever been to Auckland (or any major city in Australasia), you will know that coffee culture is massive there. Baristas make coffee akin to works of art. Beans are perfectly roasted and carefully prepared.
Upon returning to the northern hemisphere, I thought this was normal and wasn't aware that I had been spoilt for several years, so I genuinely thought that I had gone off coffee when I drank it for the first time in London... Several years later, in Jersey, I walked into Dandy coffee shop, which had just been opened by a Jersey local who had spent many years in Sydney. The famous Allpress coffee was on the menu, properly roasted, and carefully prepared by the staff who had an Allpress machine and training.
Everything changed. I remembered I did like coffee! Dandy doesn't need any promotion; it is currently the number one restaurant in Jersey on tripadvisor, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon. Dandy is not just a coffee vendor. They have wonderful banana bread, brownies, breakfasts, and sandwiches (including the recent addition to the menu: the lambwich).
My personal favourites are the toasted banana bread (with LOTS of butter), sourdough bread with avocado, dandy toast (homemade peanut butter, banana, toasted almonds, cinnamon, honey) and the new lambwich (lamb shoulder, homemade harissa mayo, roasted red pepper and baby leaf spinach). I wish I had photos but I'm too busy eating to remember to take photos - you'll have to check out their Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/DandyCoffeeShop
Truly one of my favourite places!


No comments:
Post a Comment